Psst! She Reads Trashy Novels...

November 21, 2005

Update: NaNoWriProMo


Some of you may have heard about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). For yours truly, November has been NaNoWriProMo (National Novel Writing Procrastination Month). It has also been NaNoWriProAnReONoMo (National Novel Writing Procrastination and Reading Other Novels Month) and NaNoWriProAnSitOnYoFatAssMo (National Novel Writing Procrastination and Sitting on Your Fat Ass Month).

Yes, instead of writing, I've been reading novels that have already been read and reviewed by everyone and their sister like Waiting to Exhale and Sex and the City. (I am unenthusiastic about Candace Bushnell, but after years of dissing her up and down the block for 4 Blondes, I figured I ought to read the book that made her famous so I can diss the woman in earnest.) And in twenty one days, I have only written 21,000 words on my unfinished, untitled novel(la). It is official: I suck.

So, in the interests of reaching that crazy-ass goal of 50,000 words by November 31, I'd better get to writing.

See you on December 1st.

P.S. Dang. Just checked the calendar. November only has 30 days. I am so behind!

Posted by sk :: 11/21/2005 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------