Psst! She Reads Trashy Novels...

September 06, 2005

Review: Nervous by Zane

I have been hearing all this talk about Zane. How she's a self-published success story, how her stories are so hot they scorch the page. So I had to go pick me up a copy of one of her books.

Now, usually when I think of erotica, I don't think of plot - who does? But that's also one of the main reasons I'm not a huge fan of the genre. Nervous, however, had enough plot for three books and a telenovela. And I loved it.

The main character is a shy Atlanta professional named Jonquinette. Jonquinette leads a dull life and has never had a boyfriend. Little does she know that her alternate personality, Jude, more than makes up for Jonquinette's self-imposed doldrums. Where Jonquinette is a shy woman who is "nervous" around men, Jude is a self-assured nympho who can - and does - get any man she wants.

While Jonquinette is worrying about her unexplained blackouts and nervously attempting to seek psychological help, Jude is living it up and layering on the drama like a thick pastrami sandwich. You don't have to guess which personality was my favorite - I will always vote for the bitch.

Zane's writing style is spare, but effective. Don't be expecting phrases like "the dewy flower of her womanhood" because such terminology is refreshingly absent. No purple prose here, just red-hot text. The characters talk like real people. The descriptions are sexy, earthy and to the point. Nervous is soapy, sexy fun. Go get a copy, and lather up.

Posted by sk :: 9/06/2005 :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------